Soundoracle.net – Week three of our “Fundamental Series” is a depth discussion on the fundamental frequencies of 808 kick drums. Understanding these fundamental frequencies can be a key factor in bettering your engineer skills.
808 kick drums have become a staple in Hip-Hop, Trap, & Pop music. The frequencies of this popular instrument can literally make or break a song. Though simple in it’s waveform, the 808 can have some complicated frequencies to smooth out.
In this video, we discuss a detailed analysis of the fundamental frequencies of an 808 kick. We talk about & demonstrate what specific boosted frequencies will help an 808 stand out without clashing with the rest of the music. We also examine different frequencies that should be cut to avoid a resonating buildup that can muddy up even the simplest mix. In this video we show examples of different types of 808s such as, the classic pure-sub 808, layered 808s with aggressive transients, 808s with harsh distortion, & 808s with light distortion.
As with any aspect of music, the type of 808 & song vary with frequencies; however, these key elements will point you in the right direction of a powerful sounding 808. Your mastering engineer will appreciate the clean sound of the bottom end & your listeners will enjoy a thumping 808 without getting in the way of the other instruments & melody.
Follow along as professional engineer Eric “Realistic” Michael gives you a step-by-step guide on choosing the right frequencies to boost & cut for an 808.
● Be sure to checkout out our tutorial on “How To Mix A Kick With An 808” ➜ https://goo.gl/sWwE8t
● Get More Great Tips + Updates – Subscribe ➜ https://goo.gl/HAoewZ
● Share this Production Tutorial Playlist: ➜ https://goo.gl/9VzXZj
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY:
Don’t miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4pm every Friday @IG !!! https://goo.gl/jFlaL3
● YouTube: https://goo.gl/5BKyJx
● Instagram: https://goo.gl/FT7fAf
● GET XO LOOPS: http://bit.ly/XOMelodyLoops
● GET ARTICUL8: http://bit.ly/ARTICUL8
● GET BEEN TRAPPIN 2: http://bit.ly/beentrappin2
● Instagram: https://goo.gl/jFlaL3
● Twitter: https://goo.gl/0tnYff
● Facebook: https://goo.gl/UT23j0
● YouTube: https://goo.gl/tou8bM
● Soundcloud: https://goo.gl/7v35Tb
● Google+: https://goo.gl/MtakuR
● Pinterest: https://goo.gl/qfPEMh
ERIC MICHAEL – REALISTIC PRODUCTIONS (Engineer)
Realistic is a Music Producer and Engineer located in the Twin Cities. He has been producing music for Hip-Hop & Pop music since 2004. In 2017 he graduated with an AAS in Music Production & Engineering.
CONNECT WITH ERIC:
● Website: https://goo.gl/xZcsW2
● Twitter: https://goo.gl/SWbvn9
● Instagram: https://goo.gl/HdG1Xf
● YouTube: https://goo.gl/vaJDL6
● SoundCloud: https://goo.gl/gcYiZv