I recently mixed this funk song for the REAPER Forum Mixing contest and it was a hell of a lot of fun.
In this video I’m showing some tips and some tricks I used to get through the mix.
– Tom EQ with parameter modulation to cut cymbal bleed
– vocal level automation on the take volume envelope
– automating volume for nearly every instrument between sections using latch-preview mode
– automating vocal EQ to compensate for proximity effect and off axis tone
– using the JS Nonlinear processor on all buses/folders for more analog character, depth, and glue.
Learn more about mixing in my courses – Save $20 on the bundle with code “iwatchedthevideo” – http://mixinginreaper.com
Thanks for watching!
Subscribe and hit that LIKE button!
Visit The REAPER Blog for many more tips, tricks and tutorials.