Soundoracle.net – Week two of our “Fundamental Series” is a depth discussion on the fundamental frequencies of snare drums. Understanding these fundamental frequencies can be a key factor in bettering your engineer skills.
A properly EQ’d snare can energize any mix. Often times engineers & producers will boost the high ends of the snare in hopes to get that “clack” or “crunch” heard in today’s popular music.
●But did you know that there are certain high frequencies in a snare that you should consider cutting instead of boosting?
●Did you know that there are key frequencies in the mid-low range that can really help a snare stand out & please the ear?
In this video, we discuss a detailed analysis of the fundamental frequencies of a snare drum. We talk about & demonstrate what specific boosted frequencies will help a snare drum cut through the mix without clashing with the rest of the music. We also examine different frequencies that should be cut to avoid harshness throughout your mix. In this video we show examples of different types of snares such as, sampled snares from records, acoustic snares, electronic snares, filtered snares, & of course the popular “trap type” snare found in a lot of today’s music.
As with any aspect of music, the type of snare & song vary with frequencies; however, these key elements will point you in the right direction of a great sounding snare drum. Your listeners & fans will appreciate the excitement these techniques bring to your snare drum without hurting their ears.
Follow along as professional engineer Eric “Realistic” Michael gives you a step-by-step guide on choosing the right frequencies to boost & cut for a snare drum.
● Get More Great Tips + Updates – Subscribe ➜ https://goo.gl/HAoewZ
● Share this Production Tutorial Playlist: ➜ https://goo.gl/9VzXZj
JOIN MY UNQUANTIZED PODCAST COMMUNITY:
Don’t miss out Unquantized Podcast Live & Interactive by @soundoracle + @triza starting at 4pm every Friday @IG !!! https://goo.gl/jFlaL3
● YouTube: https://goo.gl/5BKyJx
● Instagram: https://goo.gl/FT7fAf
● GET XO LOOPS: http://bit.ly/XOMelodyLoops
● GET ARTICUL8: http://bit.ly/ARTICUL8
● GET BEEN TRAPPIN 2: http://bit.ly/beentrappin2
● Instagram: https://goo.gl/jFlaL3
● Twitter: https://goo.gl/0tnYff
● Facebook: https://goo.gl/UT23j0
● YouTube: https://goo.gl/tou8bM
● Soundcloud: https://goo.gl/7v35Tb
● Google+: https://goo.gl/MtakuR
● Pinterest: https://goo.gl/qfPEMh
ERIC MICHAEL – REALISTIC PRODUCTIONS (Engineer)
Realistic is a Music Producer and Engineer located in the Twin Cities. He has been producing music for Hip-Hop & Pop music since 2004. In 2017 he graduated with an AAS in Music Production & Engineering.
CONNECT WITH ERIC:
● Website: https://goo.gl/xZcsW2
● Twitter: https://goo.gl/SWbvn9
● Instagram: https://goo.gl/HdG1Xf
● YouTube: https://goo.gl/vaJDL6
● SoundCloud: https://goo.gl/gcYiZv