If you’re on a Mac, TouchOSC its super easy to set up with an iOS device over USB as a MIDI controller. Sorry Windows users, I have nothing for you today.
Some day I will cover making custom layouts and control surfaces with TouchOSC but for now we’re just using it as a portable MIDI controller.
Over USB you’ll get a low latency MIDI input into your DAW.
While it’s technically possible to do this all over WIFI, I would not recommend it.
– Unlock iPad and connect with USB to lightning cable
– Launch Audio MIDI Setup utility on the Mac
– Enable the iPad/iPhone in the Audio page
– Open TouchOSC app on iPad/iPhone
– Enable TouchOSC Bridge and CoreMIDI
– Set Layout to Keys or Beatmachine
– Open REAPER and go to Preferences, Audio, MIDI Devices
– Enable Apple iPad/iphone for Input and control, apply preference change
Thanks for watching!
Subscribe and hit that LIKE button!
Visit The REAPER Blog for many more tips, tricks and tutorials.