FREE SAMPLES: https://www.audiotent.com/free-product-taster/
Unlike every other compression tutorial on YouTube my aim with this is to help you understand when, where and why you would use a compressor. There is a time and a place for using compression with a fast attack and a slower setting and it’s a very important detail to get right. Hopefully this video helps change the way you think about compression and stops you just dropping a compressor onto every sound and picking a preset.
Please make sure you are listening to the video with full range speakers or headphones to hear the results accurately.
You are going to learn how to:
● Understand the impact attack times have on your sounds
● Understand why you might not want to use a compressor at all
● Use limiting to perform better at taming peaks
● Use the ratio setting to smooth out an entire mix
● Use both compression and limiting in series
For more music production tips visit our website: https://www.audiotent.com